How to Care for Wigs? (Tips and Techniques)
Wigs require careful maintenance to ensure they look natural and last longer. Here are some suggestions and techniques for wig care:
1. Gentle Combing Technique:
- Comb the wig gently before wearing it. Choose a sparsely toothed comb for combing.
- Use a diagonal combing method, avoiding straight combing, and keep the movements gentle.
2. Avoid Using Hair Clips:
- To prevent the wig from being blown away by strong winds, some people use hair clips to secure it.
- However, avoid using excessive force with hair clips to prevent damaging the wig's net structure. Instead, consider using decorative headbands to secure the wig in place.
3. Avoid Hand Twisting During Washing:
- Wash the wig every two to three months for regular use.
- Before washing, gently comb the wig with a comb.
- While washing, use a diluted hair conditioner solution for cleaning and combing simultaneously.
- Avoid hand-twisting, and never soak the wig in the washing solution. Afterward, gently rinse in the direction of the hair strands and air-dry. Avoid sun exposure.
4. Additional Care Tips:
- Comb the wig gently; it doesn't need daily combing.
- When at home, take off the wig and place it on a wig stand to maintain its shape and reduce hair tension.
- After washing, gently dry the wig strand by strand to prevent shedding.
- Squeeze out excess water after washing, avoiding twisting, to maintain the wig's shape.
- Use a mild hair conditioner for occasional care every one to two weeks. Rinse thoroughly to prevent accumulation.
- Wash the wig after approximately 25 wears to avoid excessive shedding and maintain a realistic appearance.
By following these tips, you can keep your wig in good condition, ensuring it remains stylish and natural every time you wear it.