What to Do If High School Entrance Exam Candidates Can't Sleep: Five Methods to Help You Sleep Better Before the Exam
The high school entrance exam is a pivotal moment in one's life, and many students hope to achieve good results and secure a spot in their desired university. Consequently, some students experience insomnia due to excessive stress before the exam. This can hinder their performance on the day of the exam. Here are some tips on how to sleep better in the lead-up to your high school entrance exam.
1. Avoid Caffeine and Excessive Eating Before Bed: Do not consume excessive food or caffeine in an attempt to boost your energy levels for the upcoming exam. Overeating can make it difficult to calm down before bedtime, leading to insomnia. Also, avoid drinking coffee before sleep, as it is a stimulant that may prevent you from falling asleep.
2. Cultivate Relaxation Habits Before Bed: Establishing a regular bedtime routine can help your body relax and prepare for sleep. Engaging in calming activities like listening to soothing music or reading a book before sleep can help your body unwind and transition into sleep mode.
3. Increase Indoor Negative Ion Levels: Negative ions are small ions naturally present in ecological air. Due to their small size, they can penetrate the human body and have a beneficial effect on health. They are often referred to as "sleep-inducing ions." Negative ions can help alleviate fatigue, reduce anxiety, and have a positive impact on insomnia. Therefore, it's essential to ventilate your living space regularly to maintain fresh indoor air.
4. Take a Relaxing Bath: Taking a bath is one of the quickest ways to relax your body and prepare for sleep. You can enhance this experience by adding candles and soothing music in the bathroom to create a comfortable ambiance that promotes relaxation, making it easier to fall asleep.
5. Avoid Watching Television: Certain plotlines or dialogues in TV shows can evoke emotional responses that continue to play in your mind, making it challenging to fall asleep. Additionally, if you watch an especially exciting show, it might leave you too stimulated to sleep.
While the high school entrance exam is undoubtedly essential for students, it's equally important to stay relaxed, manage pre-exam stress, listen to music, and engage in physical activities. Avoid excessive tension, as it can lead to sleeplessness and hinder your ability to perform at your best, resulting in lifelong regrets.